- Represents the following school districts in Sedgwick and Butler counties, District 8
- Elected to the State Board in 2012
- Committee Assignments — Kansas Learning First Alliance and Education System Coordinating Council, State Board Policy Committee
- Retired as Assistant Superintendent of Middle Schools for the Wichita Public Schools
- Served 17 years as a building administrator at middle and high school levels
- Former science teacher and adjunct professor at Wichita State University
Mrs. Busch received her undergraduate degree from Kansas State University in biological sciences. She then earned her teaching license as well as her Master’s of Science Education from Wichita State University. Her building and district level administrative licenses were also through Wichita State. Her family has four generations who attended Kansas schools and three generations who graduated from Wichita Public Schools.