- Represents the following school districts in northeastern Kansas District 1
- First elected to the State Board in 1999, served as Chairman from 2003-04 and again from 2009-10; also was Vice Chair and currently serves as Chair of the Board Policy Committee
- Committee Assignments — Kansas Council for Economic Education, Kansas Association for Conservation and Environmental Education, Confidence in Public Education Task Force
- Member of the Turner USD 202 Board of Education for 15 years, including eight as president
- Held state and regional offices for the PTA and Kansas Association of School Boards
Mrs. Waugh has received numerous awards for her work in education and was among the first inductees into the Turner Walk of Fame. She is retired from a family-owned used car business. She lives in Kansas City and has two grown children.